At some point you may find that your weight loss slows down or seems to stop. Typically, a weight-loss plateau is defined as two or more weeks with no weight loss at all. Rates of weight loss can vary from one week to another. Weight loss should resume if you continue to follow the Program.
If you notice you haven’t lost any weight within a two-week period:
- Make sure you’re following your plan exactly, not skipping Fuelings, sticking to your Lean & Green meal guidelines, and weighing and measuring your portions carefully.
- Make sure you are drinking water. We recommend drinking 2 liters of water each day.*
- Pick the lowest carbohydrate vegetables from the Green Options List in your OPTAVIA Guide.
- Skip optional snacks to further reduce your carbohydrate intake.
- Try a new form of exercise or add extra time or intensity to your current routine.
- Call your OPTAVIA Coach for support and guidance.
- Look for other indications of progress such as wearing a smaller size of clothing.
You may contact our Nutrition Support Team if you need further assistance.
*We recommend drinking 2 liters of water each day. Talk with your doctor prior to changing the amount of water you drink as it can affect certain health conditions and medications.